Image Map

Thursday, March 7, 2013

From Rachel's Kitchen: Goat Cheese Arugula Pizza

So the other day I worked from Mom's house,
as I often do when I need to do laundry -
and I peeped her Rachael Ray magazine
during my lunch break...

I came across a recipe I fell in love with
and snagged the article 
which I thought was pretty darn 
considerate of me
being that I usually swipe 
the whole thing! 
ha ha :)
(but no, seriously.)

So for recipe #3 (of 5) 
may I present to you

- Goat Cheese Arugula Pizza -



It's super easy to make 
and as a (half) Italian
we can all use a little more pizza 
in our lives.
And I feel pretty strongly about that.

You can find the recipe at All Recipes.com
or you can stay right here and jot
down the items you'll need
so I can get you started! 

What You'll Be Needing:
  • 4 oz. of plain goat cheese (seasoned won't play well with the pesto)
  • 6 tbsp pesto sauce (I like to make my own but if you are hard pressed for time, prepared is fine!)
  • 3 Roma tomatoes (thinly sliced) OR I used sundried tomatoes sliced in half (nice and small)
  • 2 cloves of garlic (chopped) or just throw them in the food processor like I did :)
  • 2 tsp of olive oil
  • 1-2 cups fresh arugula (I love arugula, so I used closer to 2 cups)
  • lemon
  • salt/pepper



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 (no degree button on here...well, THAT'S annoying!)
  2. Roll out your dough (using flour if too sticky) into either a large pizza pie or two small personal pizzas (like I did for my sister and I).
  3. Smear pesto onto the center of your pizza base and spread out toward the outer edges. 
  4. Cut the goat cheese into thin coins and spread or crumble across pizza.
  5. Arrange tomato or sundried tomato over goat cheese.
  6. Sprinkle with garlic.
  7. Brust the crust edges lightly with olive oil.
  8. Place pizza in preheated oven and bake for 5-10 minutes, or until the crust edges are golden.
  9. While pizza is baking, toss your (washed) arugula in olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. 
  10. After taking pizza out of the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes so that the cheese has time to set. After a couple of minutes, cover the pizza with a few handfuls of arugula. 

Cut. Serve. And enjoy!


As always,
feel free to leave comments
and let me know what you think! :)

Also I'm a big fan of modifications,
so if you can think of anything else to add
or played around with the ingredients a bit -
you can leave those in the comments below as well...

Food for thought [!]

xo
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?