Image Map

Thursday, February 13, 2014

current #obsessions: february edition

Ahhh, February -
the month of love in the air. 
And lots and lots of pink...
so you KNOW it's going to be good!

In no particular order,
here are some of my latest infatuations & fixations
for the month of February.

1. This teal leather jacket by Black Swan. Don't worry - it's "vegan"! 
2. So digging this cereal right now. In fact, I'm eating a bowl right now. As if it doesn't taste good enough, The Chew featured a recipe where you can turn it into vanilla chex brittle.  Is this stuff even healthy? It can't be...it tastes too good! It's my new fave.


3. I have a love of baseball, but even stronger is my love for the New York Yankees as evident by my post here. Hey look, my boys even made it to Broadway! Can't wait to check out the new play 'Bronx Bombers'. For tix, visit here. 

4. I recently raised 3K+ for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society via Team in Training by throwing a Fundraiser Fashion Show at Monsoon in Babylon. It was a great night filled with fashion + cocktails + delicious cuisine + a lot of people coming out to support a great cause. I am so grateful to the Bohlsens for letting me use their beautiful restaurant for the night, the amazing vendors who volunteered - Omnibus Boutique, The Studio: New York (Babylon Village, NY), Lola's Lookbook (Massapequa, NY) and De La Mer Salon & Spa (Bellmore, NY) the models who donated their time, and all the people who came out to support me - actually something much larger than me, cancer research. Special thanks to Karen for letting me rock this amazing Sherri Hill dress - so obsessed with it, that I think I need to have it. Say yes to the dress.


5. Loving Dunkin' Donuts new 'Brown Sugar Cinnamon' - it's amazing iced (I haven't tried it hot!) and very reminiscent of Starbucks 'Cinnamon Dolce Latte'. I think I drank one almost every day in January when they were offering any sized iced coffee for just 99 cents. But, all good things must come to end. The good news however, is that while my sale on coffee hoarding has ended, the flavor is still around. Check it out!


6. Just discovered Dollymoo, a great little line of homemade products. Haven't tried them yet, but this lavender body oil and this muscle butter are both on my list! The lavender oil looks super relaxing and the muscle butter would be perfect for my achy muscles post running. 


7.  Have I mentioned my love of macarons lately? I recently stopped into Kiss my Cake in Huntington and literally died and went to heaven with the flavors I walked out with - that place is unreal. #heaven

8. Recently read The Book Thief (cried like a baby at the end) and currently reading 'And the Mountains Echoed' by Khaled Hosseini, beloved author of The Kite Runner. Both are excellent. What are you reading? 

9. I know I've featured Lush Cosmetics bath bombs on my list previously, but I just bought new ones recently and they are so fun. Butterball, HoneyBee, Phoenix Rising, & Pink Bath Bomb make my top picks on a recent trip!  Check out the limited edition Valentine's Day collection here. Bath time is ME time. At $5-7 a bomb- they aren't cheap, but after a long work week it's nice to treat yourself to a long, luxurious bath. Wine delivery by Mom free of charge. :)

10. Stumbled on Madonna Inn, a landmark resort hotel on the California Coast. At some point in my life, I am going to make it here. Adorable! 

11. Love these cutesy little Sweetheart Cake Pops


12. Yes to paper flowers. And yes to this gorgeous dinner party. 


13. Just found this blog and its putting my inner domestic goddess in a tizzy. It's a keeper!


14. Forget Valentine's Day - February 14th is Bombshells Day at Victoria Secret. Visit the collection here. Can't wait to check out the latest scent, Glamour.

15. Disney inspired cocktails for your inner Disney princess. Now this I can get behind. Check it out here.

What are you loving this month?

Until March's addictions surface...

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?