Image Map

Monday, September 9, 2013

From Rachel's Kitchen: Cherry Lemonade Donuts


I've been trying to expand my dessert repertoire 
in an effort to prepare myself for the day I retire as a 
Domestic Goddess,
and donuts seemed promising.

Plus they are pink & cute,
so even if I did a crappy job executing the recipe,
I knew they would provide (at the very least),
 a few good Instagram photos.
ha ha

I had asked for a donut pan for my birthday,
and it was begging to be used.

I fell in love with this recipe
and decided before summer was over and
 Cherry Lemonade donuts would no longer be in fashion, 
I better put some fire behind my caboose.

They turned out really cute!

Here is the recipe....

Cherry Lemonade Donuts:

Ingredients:

(For Donuts)
1. 1/2 cup, unsalted butter - room temp
2. 1 cup granulated sugar
3. Zest of 1 lemon
4. 2 eggs
5. 1/2 cup of cherry juice (depit cherries and use a blender or juicer - then strain)
6. 1.5 cups of flour
7. 1 tsp baking powder
8. 1 tsp salt

(For Frosting)
1. 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2. 3 tbsp cherry juice (depit cherries and use a blender or juicer, then strain)
3. 1-2 cups of powdered sugar

Directions:

Note: Make sure you blend the cherry juice in right away and don't leave it oxidizing very long because it will turn dark brown and your donuts will not look very appealing!

1. Preheat oven to 400 degree. Butter and flour your donut pans and set aside. 
2. Cream the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Add eggs and blend until just incorporated. Mix in the 1/2 cup of cherry juice.
3.  In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then combine with the cherry mixture until the color is smooth.
4. Fill a large pastry bag with the donut mix and pipe is carefully into your greased donut pans, not filling it more than 2/3 of the way. You can use full size or mini donut pans- just make sure not to overfill because once your batter rises in the oven, your donuts will lack a donut hole. :)
5. Bake about 5 min for mini donuts, about 8-10 for full size - or until edges are a light golden brown.  You can always add them back to the oven, but once you burn them - there is no going back, so babysit them! Allow them to cool in the pan a minute or two before flipping them over -but they should pop right out. 
6. While they are cooling, in a small mixing bowl add the lemon juice, cherry juice, and 1 cup powdered sugar to start. If the consistency it too watery, add more powdered sugar. You want it thick enough so when you turn your donuts upside down and dip them - its thick enough to set and stay on top. 

They came out adorable!

Here are some photos of my sweet, little masterpieces!

Mini Cherry Lemonade Donuts

Full Size Donuts


My masterpiece...
BOOM!


These really were so delicious.

I had a few minis myself
(well -- I HAD to make sure they were EDIBLE!)
 and brought the rest downstairs to my tenants 
because we all know my butt doesn't need them!

Enjoy...

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?