Image Map

Friday, June 28, 2013

Recipe: Sparkling Grapefruit Sangria



Love this recipe because it combines my two favorite things:

Champs + Grapefruit

I can tell you NO ONE else shares my grapefruit obsession...
(except maybe Jessica, which is where this recipe is on loan from)
They don't get it.


Grapefruit? It's so bitter and tart.

Umm, no -
its for the sophisticated citrus lover.
A club which apparently you are not part of...
CLEARLY.

I remember making grapefruit mousse a while back
and I was so proud to serve it.

It was a really pretty pink light fluffy mousse
and I was like, "Ugh, the girls are just gonna love this!"
Well, guess who wound up having grapefruit mousse 
for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the next few days?

Some passed because they hate grapefruit to begin with,
others tried it and didn't care for it,
and others I am sure tasted it and lied to my face 
"Super delicious, I'm just SO FULL"
because they are good friends and didn't want to 
hurt my feelings I am sure.

I didn't care.
More GRAPEFRUIT MOUSSE FOR ME!

In any case, if you love grapefruit,
you will love this recipe.
If you don't - this isn't going to be a miracle
 cure for your grapefruit aversion...
although, add champagne to anything and I'm pretty much in.

Maybe the same goes for you. 



Sparkling Grapefruit Sangria


YIELD: SERVES 4-6

TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES

ingredients:

1 750 mL bottle riesling
1 750mL bottle prosecco (or a dry champagne)
1 cup grapefruit juice
1/2 cup simple syrup
1/2 cup club soda
1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
1 grapefruit, cut into chunks/slices

directions:

Place fruit in a large pitcher then combine remaining ingredients and pour on top. Refrigerate an hour or so before serving.



Ingredients: Strawberries + Grapefruit + Champagne + White Wine + Seltzer + Simple Syrup

Sparkling Grapefruit Sangria - Delicious!

Serve & Enjoy!
Combine all ingredients, chill overnight (if possible)
if not, at least a few hours so all flavors have time to meld together.
Serve chilled and enjoy! 





xo
Rach

Recipe taken from How Sweet It Is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?