Image Map

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Quote of the Day: 4.24.13





"Dear God," she prayed, 
"let me be something every minute of every hour of my life.
 Let me be gay; let me be sad. 
Let me be cold; let me be warm. 
Let me be hungry...have too much to eat.
 Let me be ragged or well dressed. 
Let me be sincere - be deceitful. 
Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. 
Let me be honorable and let me sin.
 Only let me be something every blessed minute. 
And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so
 that not one little piece of living is ever lost." 




I was reading the tail end of 
'A Tree Grows in Brooklyn' last night in bed
when I came across this quote.

It jumped off the page,
because life is so short and precious,
I never want to waste a drop.

When I think about how I spend my days -
cooking, knitting, running, blogging, reading, volunteering,
at church, out with friends, even out at the bar for a much needed
cocktail, I always evaluate whether I am spending my time wisely.

Do I spend 2 hours browsing Facebook or 
do I spend it reading a good book?

Do I catch up on Dexter or
do I enjoy the beautiful weather outside and go for a run?

We are all faced with these decisions daily...
How will we spend our time?

I don't think it matters how you spend it
as long as its not being wasted.
So how do you do that?
(Not waste it, I mean)
Well that depends what you place emphasis
 or value on in your life. 

What do you find personally fulfilling?
What brings you personal happiness?
What gives you the warm fuzzies?
What can you check off your bucket list?

Whether its skydiving, or hosting a tea party, or 
Make Good Use Of It.


xo,
Rach


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?