This recipe is delicious and easy to make,
so I'm passing it along [!]
- 4 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 5-6 basil leaves, chiffonaded
- Salt some water and bring it to a boil. I always break my spaghetti in half, its easier to cook, plate, and eat. When it comes to a boil, add you spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes (8 min for more al dente).
- While that is cooking, add your olive oil and finely chopped garlic (I used a food processor for less work) to a pan, lightly browning. As soon as the garlic begins to brown, turn off the heat and put the pan aside.
|Saute garlic and olive oil.|
3. Grate your parmesan, toast your pine nuts lightly (babysit them, they burn fast!), and chiffonade your basil leaves. Put aside.
|Toast your pine nuts.|
|Pine nuts, basil, parmesan, lemon, garlic, olive oil- in one heavenly mix.|
|Dinner is served.|
Yup, you caught me having another blueberry mojito with dinner. :)
I can't help it, they are so delicious.