Image Map

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Recipe #2 (of 5): Red Wine Pasta

It's no secret I'm obsessed with Elsie and Emma's blog
and they have absolutely a ton of recipes, D.I.Y projects,
fashion/beauty/home decor styling tips - 
even e-courses
 (I'm currently renovating my blog  
and taking their Blog Design e-course) ...
so I highly recommend heading on over
and doing some exploring there. Big fan [!]
If you're a blogger- add them to your list! =)

So I'm perusing on my lunch break
(as I often do)
 and the wino in me stopped dead in my tracks
 on this recipe for red wine pasta
(omg, I know right?)
Drunken pasta for ALL [!!!]

So for Recipe #2 (of 5) on my 
I decided to try this one out,
with a few modifications of my own.
It's amazing, or I wouldn't bother passing it on.
I promise you. :)


What You'll Need:
  • Pasta of Your Choice (I used a tri-color penne by Barilla)
  • Wine (original recipe used Zinfandel, I used a burgundy- use your favorite!)
  • Garlic (1 or 2 cloves)
  • (1) Onion (small or use half)
  • (1) Red Bell Pepper
  • Sundried Tomato - jar or fresh (umm, why the heck not?)
  • Kalamata Olives
  • Feta Cheese
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt (for pasta boiling purposes)
Directions: 
  1. To prep: chop your red bell pepper, sundried tomato, and onion into sizable pieces and either finely chop or use a food processor for the garlic.
  2. Cook your pasta in boiling, salted water for 3-4 minutes. In a separate pot, begin to heat your red wine, until it gently boils.
  3. While that is going on, saute your other ingredients in a pan on medium heat with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Add the red bell pepper, the sundried tomato, onion, and garlic and stir frequently. Add a pinch of adobo (if you have) for extra flavor. 
  4. Drain the pasta, then add it to the boiling red wine until soft and ready to eat. Save the extra wine and add a few tablespoons to your saute mix. It makes for a nice sauce! :)
  5. Add the drained pasta to the saute mix and gently toss. 
  6. Plate the pasta - adding the kalamata olives and crumbled feta on top. Perfection!
Saute Mix: Red Bell Pepper, Sundried Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil

P.S Our pasta never turned the dark purple color of the pasta in Elsie and Emma's recipe. 
We have our doubts and are beginning to think this photo was doctored. 
'Fess up gals - did you buy a purple pasta? 
We won't hate on you - a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do for blog photos! ;)

Elsie and Emma's Red Wine Pasta
Rachel and Ashlea's Red Wine Pasta

That's it!
Not very difficult to make, on the lighter side
(for a pasta dish anyways!)
and super delicious.




Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dinner and movie date
with the little sis...

Enjoy!

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?