Image Map

Monday, March 4, 2013

Quote of the Day: 3.4.12

"You can never really know someone completely.
That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really-
taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too.
It's such a precarious balance,
 it's a wonder we do it at all.
And yet..."

-Libba Bray


I've been doing some self-reflecting
and soul-searching lately and I've come to understand
something about myself ...
I'm not very forgiving.

I preach it. But I don't always practice it.
And I'm working HARD to change this.
Actually I take that back.
I DO forgive, but it's harder for me to FORGET.
Forgiving means letting go of whoever has wronged you
(in any capacity),
not holding grudges,
really wiping the slate clean.
For me - this is HARD.

I found this quote and it's so true:


I work hard to be good to those in my life,
I go out of my way for those I care about often,
and I love with EVERYTHING in me.
That's always been my way
and probably always will be.
Yes, it gives me a certain vulnerability 
but I'd rather be hurt a thousand times 
before I'd trade my heart for the world.

So when someone hurts me, wrongs me, lets me down
everything inside me wants to SHUT THEM OUT.
Sever the person causing the pain.
Its the fight or flight instinct we're born with to survive-
fight it or run from it. 
I don't want to live my life like that.
I want to grow from those who have wronged me,
I want to rise above those who have hurt me,
I want to overcome those who have let me down
and the only way I know how to do that
is to turn the other cheek and forgive them.

I pray everyday that I can be better at this 
and I encourage you to do the same.
Don't live with the weight and burden of grudges.
With forgiveness comes freedom.

So I'm going to subscribe to this train of thought:




Have a great Monday! :)

xo
Rach




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?