This recipe is delicious! I know a lot of you are probably "curry phobic", but honestly this recipe has multiple flavor depths and curry is definately not the strongest, so there is a possibiliy you still may like it. I like to make this recipe in the winter since its very heavy, but it can be served on sandwiches in the summer as well.
Coconut Curry Pulled Pork:
- 2.5 lbs. lean pork stew meat
- 2 TBSP curry powder
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 Tsp dried thyme
- 3/4 Tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp red pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 large onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1-2 jalapenos (I use one because I'm a baby) cut into strips -use cloves, discard seeds and be sure NOT to touch your face!
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 cans coconut milk (Goya)
- Place pork in the slow cooker pot
- In a small bowl, combine curry powder, brown sugar, thyme, cumin, salt, and red pepper.
- Stir in garlic & olive oil until well blended.
- Add onion, jalepeno peppers and chicken broth.
- Cover & cook on high 3.5-4.5 hours or 8 hour on low (if you leave it on for the day while your at work)
- You will know pork is ready when its super tender and can be easily shredded with a fork.
- Pull pork apart with a fork.
- In a small bowl, blend flour into coconut milk.
- Stir into pork mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 10-30 more minutes or until thickened. Serve with hot cooked rice or coucous, if desired.