Image Map

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Honey Banana Oatmeal - D.I.Y Facemask

I probably do facemasks at least once
or twice a week. Minimum.
How else am I supposed to keep this
30 year old skin looking baby smooth? ;)

While I partake in facials from my
favorite spa Aria 366 (ask for Jamie!)
probably every few months,
in between I typically use something
over the counter.

I usually use Freeman facemasks,
which you can view here.
Always be sure to cleanse and exfoliate
prior to doing a facemask,
or you can trap dirt, grime, and makeup
further in your pores,
and that's a no no.

For exfoliators or facial scrubs,
I recommend the pink grapefruit scrub
and charcoal & black sugar,
both of which smell great
and get the job done.

For facemasks, I'm also a fan of
the chocolate & strawberry,
anti-stress dead sea minerals
(which is teal blue and makes you
look like a smurf for 15 min ;)
and mint & lemon
all of which I've gone through full bottles.
Recently I tried a sample packet of the
acai berry & I loved that one too! :)

But what if you don't have the money,
or you want to go the natural route,
well then -- you should probably
get this list of ingredients together ASAP
 so you can try this delicious D.I.Y facemask!



Honey Banana Oatmeal Facemask

Ingredients:
1 egg white
1/2 cup raw oats
1 tsp honey
1/2 banana

Recipe:

Whisk one egg white, 1 tsp honey, and 
1/2 ripe banana together in a mixing bowl.

Fold in the 1/2 cup oats (I used uncooked Quaker Oatmeal)
to the honey, egg, and banana mixture.
If it's too runny, you can add some more oats.

Apply generously to face
and leave on skin for 15-20 minutes.
 This can get a little messy,
so I suggest applying it laying down
with a towel underneath you.

Rinse off with warm water, pat your skin dry,
and apply moisturizer.
Your skin should feel tight
and really refreshed! :)





Benefits of this mask:

+ Banana is full of Vitamin A and potassium,
which naturally moisturizes and nourishes.

+ Egg whites are nature's natural skin tightening
remedy (and high in potassium, iron, and protein!)

+ Honey is a miracle ingredient that retains
and attracts moisture.

+ Oatmeal's grainy little flakes act as an exfoliant,
removing dead skin cells leaving the
complexion soft & smooth.

Have your own D.I.Y facemask recipe?
I'd love to hear it.

Recipe Credit.

And don't even get me started on body scrubs....


xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?