Image Map

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Quote of the Day: 3.12.13 {Let us be elegant or die}


"Meg's high-heeled slippers were dreadfully tight, and hurt her, though she would not own it; and Jo's nineteen hair-pins all seemed stuck straight into her head, which was not exactly comfortable; but, dear me, let us be elegant or die." 

— Louisa May Alcott (Little Women)


I love love love that movie.

I watch it every holiday season 

with my Mom and little sister
and it just brings back such fond memories
of my own childhood
...growing into a little woman myself.

Some many themes to identify with:
The strong bond a family holds.
How sweet sisterhood is --
and can be even among girlfriends.
Lessons in love and heartbreak.
Growing up a girl, stumbling and finding
your way into womanhood,
which can be strange. beautiful. overwhelming.
The unique dynamic of the mother/daughter 
relationship and how it 
can shape you, morph you -
into the woman you are today.
Just such warmhearted memories
overwhelm me when watching 
this classic!

One of my favorite scenes


It's something I plan

on watching with my own daughter(s)
one day! :)

Winona Ryder, Kirsten Dunst, Claire Danes,
Susan Sarandon, Christian Bale - 
such a good cast!

Love the movie,
adore the book.

xo,
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?