Image Map

Monday, April 2, 2012

Summer Drinks from St. Germaine

Was reading one of my favorite 'Lifestyle and Entertaining' blogs
 today - Sugar and Charm
 and wanted to share some great summery drink recipes
 since that time is right around the corner. 
Happy Entertaining! :)

summer drink recipes from st-germain
I was reading the magazine Edible Santa Barbara the other day and I came across the best two-page advertisement I've ever seen. It was for St-Germain and inside the magazine they provided card stock tear-outs of vintage postcards with a cocktail recipe on the back, three AMAZING summer drink recipes and a St-Germain guide to Artistic Expression... aka drink making tips! The idea and design behind this brand is well thought out and very detailed, they must have some creative geniuses working for them! Because I am already a fan of St-Germain, I had to try their recipes and share them with all of you! The Sangria was SOOO GOOD and refreshing and the St-Rita was strong and not too sweet, a perfect version of the margarita! Read below for the recipes and you can also check out their beautiful website for some more delicious drink recipes (including wedding cocktails) and drink making tips!  

Sangria Flora 


The St-Rita 

Sangria Flora 
1 Bottle Sauvignon Blanc or Dry White Wine 
1 Cup St-Germain
2 Fresh Peaches, sliced
5-6 Fresh Strawberries, sliced
6 Fresh Raspberries (I added more because the look so pretty!)
1 Bunch Fresh Grapes 

Directions
1. Stir all of the ingredients together in a pitcher 
2. Let them soak for at least 15 minutes or longer if you want a fruitier taste :) 
3. Fill wine glasses with ice and pour in the sangria, Yum!

St-Rita
2 Parts Tequila 
1 Part St-Germain
3/4 Part Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice ( They say 3-4 wedges, I thought it needed more so I squeezed a whole lime)
I also added a small amount of agave or you can use sugar to sweeten it just a tad bit more ;)

Directions
1. Shake all of the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice 
2. Salt the rim of the glass
3. Pour the St-Rita into the salted glass. I didn't strain it, I just added the ice I used to shake it with and it turned out lovely ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?