Image Map

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Divas 1/2 Marathon-Take Two!

I said I was going to run my 2'nd half marathon this year.
I really have come to enjoy running -
it clears my head, keeps my mind sharp and my heart strong,
and keeps that approaching-30-physique looking ripe ;)

I've been digging around my 'Runner's World' magazine
for a half-marathon race to sign up for
and contemplated running either
Disney's Princess Half Marathon or
Disney's Wine & Dine Half Marathon because
they both look like fun Girls Weekends to let loose!

But lets face facts - I still don't have a full-time job
and airfare isn't exactly cheap, so I am saving those
for a future half-marathon when I am a full-time teacher 
raking in the dough 
(don't hold your breath everybody!)

I've decided to stick with the 
and take this half-marathon on the road.
This year - I'm headed to North Myrtle Beach
to run my 2'nd Half Marathon on May 20th, 2012


My dad lives in Charlotte, North Carolina
so I will be staying with family there
and we will be driving the two and a half hours
for me to complete the race,
with my Yarmosh cheer team rooting me on! :)

I'm really looking forward to training at L.A Fitness
and finishing strong in ANOTHER half marathon,
something I would have never thought I could 
achieve with my knee issues a few years ago.
I give God all the credit.
My determination, my strength of character, and will power
are all traits he has blessed me with 
and I intend to use them for good. 

See you out there, everyone!



xo
Rach

1 comment:

  1. A dream is a wish your heart makes!! Never stop dreaming or believing. For the dreams that your dare to dream really will come true....

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha thinkin?