Image Map

Monday, February 6, 2012

Destination Unknown - Poetry from Yours Truly



Last night I dreamt of thousands of pieces
of cardboard floating in the sea
dispersing in so many directions, I could not follow them all.
They moved at an alarming rate -
to the north, to the east, and to the west.
But never towards me, only away.

The further I swam towards them, 
the further I removed myself from the shore's safety.
Some things we are supposed to let go of, 
things we're not meant to grasp, lament over, or decipher
And yet, I wanted those pieces.
I needed those pieces.

I swam further until my muscles ached 
and my breathing became shallow.
I swam until the pieces disappeared along the horizon.
I swam until I was paralyzed with despair. 

Those pieces once belonged to a box.
The box to a package. 
The package to a destination.
That destination?  
Unknown.
xo
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?