LONDON 2011: ITINERARY
So much to see, so much to do [!] Here is a snapshot of our trip to London, England <3
- Friday, February 18, 2011: Depart from the USA via Virgin Atlantic Flight # 46, NYC's JFK to London Heathrow Airport (overnight flight).
- Saturday, February 19, 2011: Arrive in the bustling city of London. Explore Picadilly Circus, Trefalgar Square, and the British Museum. Relax, unpack, and become acquainted with surroundings.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011: 9am- Depart for City Tour. This sightseeing tour with a local tour guide includes a visit to St. Paul's Cathedral, Trafalgar Square, the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, British Museum, Harrods, Victoria & Albert Museum, etc. Lunch & Shopping at Covent Gardens. More shopping at Camden Markets. Dinner at the famous Hardrock Cafe London (the first Hardrock location, ever!)
- Monday, February 21, 2011: 8am- Depart for Bath, England. Enjoy a full day excursion to Bath, Stonehenge, and Salisbury. In Bath, see the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge, and the Roman Baths. Continue to the mysterious circles of Stonehenge, where sunrise rites are said to have occurred more than 4,000 years ago. Finish the day with a visit to the town of Salisbury, best known for its magnificent cathedral. Dinner in Salisbury.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011: 7:30am-Depart for The Tower (Opening Ceremony). Learn all about England's royal family today. Head to the Tower of London this morning to see the famed Crown Jewels and explore the Armoury. This afternoon enjoy an excursion to Windsor Castle, the official residence of the British reigning monarch, Queen Elizabeth II. Tonight enjoy a world-class theater performance of "Billy Elliot" in London's famous West End.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011: 8am- Depart for Oxford, England. This morning set out to explore Oxford, the oldest and grandest of England's universities. Continue to Stratford-upon-Avon to visit Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Shakespeare's Birthplace. After a pre-theater dinner, experience a performance of Kind Lear by the world-renowned Royal Shakespeare Company. Return to London for the overnight.
- Thursday, February 24, 2011: 8am- Depart for Canterbury, England. Today enjoy a full day excursion to Canterbury and Dover Castle. At Canterbury, tour the great cathedral and see the Thomas Beckett window. Continue to Dover, visiting the 12th century fortress that stands above the famed white cliffs.
- Friday, February 25, 2011: 9am- Depart for the Globe Tour. All the world may be a stage, but to get an authentic feel of Shakespeare's theater it is essential to visit the reconstructed Globe Theatre. Attend a workshop, conducted by actors, that introduces you to both the plays of Shakespeare and the conditions in which Elizabethan actors worked. Then explore the vibrant and cultural South Bank by way of a Culture Quest. Cross the Millennium Bridge (also known as the "Wibbly Wobbly Bridge") and tour St. Paul's Cathedral. Tonight, enjoy a world-class theater performance of "The Woman In Black" in London's famous West End.
- Saturday, February 26, 2011: Depart for the USA via Virgin Atlantic Flight #45, from London Heathrow into NYC's JFK Airport.