Over the holiday break, I had the opportunity to catch up with a lot of my girlfriends.
We shopped, We dined, We Conquered.
My girlfriend Karli and I have been talking about trying "Bin 56" in Huntington Village for a long time since we've heard good things. We are big fans of Barrique Kitchen and Wine Bar in Babylon Village (http://barriquekitchenandwinebar.com/) and we heard Bin 56 had a similar vibe ( I'm not gonna lie, we may have also stalked their online menu MULTIPLE times).
Below: Bin 56
In any case, we finally got to check it out and we have nothing but good things to say!
While the portions are small (as in true tapas style) and the spot is super tiny (as in, bring your own oxygen tank!) the food was delicious and they have a fine selection of wine (albeit not the super sweet kind I love- no Moscatos, no Muscats, and only one Riesling selection)
- Riesling Poached Pears: honey goat cheese, spiced pecans, sherry vinegar reduction $7
- Grilled Endive: caramelized onions, crumbled goat cheese, crispy chorizo, apple cider vinegarette $10
- Skirt Steak: grilled, marinated skirt, porter battered onion $10
- Spiced Chicken Skewers: roasted paprika peanut curry, hummus $8
- For wine, try the: Sexy Red Bomb (mix of multiple reds) $10
I dont eat seafood, but there was an abundance of fish on the menu.
For their entire online menu, visit:
From their site:
Uncorked in Huntington is an authentic European wine bar in the space next door to Toast. The menu is all about tapas-style small plate items. Choose among such dishes as sweet and spicy calamari, cheese bread sliders stuffed with chorizo, and lamb chops with mint chimichurri over caramelized apple. Furnishings include a communal table as well as couches, good for socializing as well as eating and imbibing. Let the wine flow at Bin 56
For more info, visit Bin 56 online @:
56 Stewart Ave
Huntington, NY 11743