Image Map

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Neti Pot, I'm a believer!

Think of it as an irrigation system for your nose!
Anyone with allergies feels my pain this time of year.
It's Ragweed season
(if we were on FB right now, I would hit the dislike button!)
and with the temperature extremes of warm days/cool nights common in Autumn,
leaves (and God knows what else) whipping around,
and turning off the A.C to leave the windows open at night,
who knows whats made it inside my nasal passages and sinus cavity-
but I will tell you one thing-
ITS MAYHEM IN THERE!
*
I am sniffling, sneezing, snuffling, and any other s-word that is associated with congestion.
*
Against my will, my mom forced me to try the Neti Pot because she swears by it.
I was really grossed out watching her use her own Neti Pot
(it looks like your stuffing a teapot up your nose!)
so she got me the wussy version of it ("Sinus Cleanse Squeeze") - but they work the same!
It cleared me up so well and I can breathe again! :)
*
Nasal washing (also known as nasal irrigation or jala neti) is a personal hygiene practice that involves flooding the nasal cavity with warm saline solution (salt water). This soothing action removes excess mucus and moisturizes the nasal cavity.
*
Neti Pots have the following benefits:
  • Prevents colds and promotes good health by cleaning out the sinus cavity
  • Reduces nasal congestion and sinus pressure/pain
  • Relieves allergy symptoms
  • Relieves nasal dryness, stuffiness and runny nose
  • Reduces coughing and other symptoms of post-nasal drip
  • Promotes healthy nasal passages
  • Treats chronic sinusitis symptoms
  • Promotes the restoration of ciliary function
  • Improves drainage
  • Improves vocal funcion for professional singers and actors
  • Improves breathing
  • Improves sense of smell and sense of taste
  • Relieves rhinitis of pregnancy
*
The video below shows you how to use the Neti Pot:

As seen on T.V, Oprah, and Dr. Oz, read more about it:

http://www.sinucleanse.com/netipotlanding.htm

P.S You can purchase both the Neti Pot and the Sinus Cleanse Squeeze (the wussy version I use) on this site!

I dont brag about products often, but I found this product

really perfect for allergy season and beyond!

Hope it helps!

XO

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?