Avocados in the summer are just the ultimate treat for me.
They are perfect as a snack, to throw in salads, or my favorite - homemade guacamole. (still dont think anyone can TOUCH my recipe. Thats not cocky, its the TRUTH!
I was experimenting with avocados the other night and made this salad on the fly. It was outrageous (ask John, who asked for second helpings, which there were NONE). Without further adieu, here it is:
Rachel's Delicious Avocado Salad:
- one bag of salad mix or one head of your favorite lettuce. (to be healthy, i mixed a few handfuls of baby spinach and arugula)
- 2 TBSP (or to taste, i like to just lightly coat to minimize calories) Hidden Valley: Farm House Originals Hickory Bacon & Onion (dressing)
- 2 ripe Haas avocados (pitted and sliced thin)
- Extra Sharp New York Cheddar (white) - crumbled into chunks or sliced thin and cubed to scatter throughout salad.
- Seneca Falls: Crispy Onion Topping (this is the winning ingrediant! dont skip it!)
Mix all ingrediants together and serve promptly!
Possible Add-Ins: black beans, chick peas, corn, chicken.