Image Map

Monday, March 4, 2013

Raindrop Therapy: Check your ailments at the door!


Confession: I love the spa.
But not all spa's are created equal,
so when I find one I really like -
I'm pretty loyal.
I also like to pass the word along...

I've had several treatments with
Jamie from Aria 366
and I haven't had a bad experience with her yet.
She is highly skilled and wonderful 
at what she does,
 her price is fair,
and she offers a great suite of services.

I recently tried out her 'Raindrop Therapy'.
I am just getting over being sick and 
the description piqued my curiosity:
"Raindrop Therapy is highly recommended for anyone under stress, recovering from a cold or an injury, or experiencing psychological stress or trauma. This therapy is known to stimulate the central nervous system and bringing your whole being into balance. creates a wonderfully soothing, nurturing and relaxing experience.The Raindrop Therapy technique is a procedure for applying therapeutic-grade essential oils to the feet, back and spine. It combines aromatherapy and reflexology to create healing, cleansing and balancing. Nine essential oils are used, consisting of two therapeutic blends and seven single oils. A person receiving Raindrop Therapy will lie down on the massage table while the practitioner applies the oils to the bottoms of the feet and onto the back along the spine.The oils are gently massaged in using a feathering technique and long strokes. A hot compress is then applied for about ten minutes to aid in the absorption of the oils. The essential oils continue to penetrate into the body for five to seven days, helping to release toxins, calm the nervous system and boost your immune system." 
So I'm like hmmm,
"Ok, fine - I am sure she can always use
 some more practice at this so called
 'feathering' technique. I'll go and help her out!"
Ha ha, I'm just kidding. =)
 So I call Jamie and set up my appointment
for the following evening
(it's a small little office - so you will need
to call ahead for an appointment!)

It was so relaxing and I felt like it honestly worked -
2 days later and I'm feeling much better.
She said it's along the lines of a detox or cleanse,
so I wanted to pass my positive experience along
so you can try it out yourselves! :)

Here is a little more information on Raindrop Therapy.
It's anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral
so check your ailments at the door
because you will be leaving the sticky-ickies behind 
(whatever those may be - germs, negative energy, what have you)

A raindrop therapy session lasts about 60-90 minutes
and combines reiki, aromatherapy, 
reflexology,  massage, and moist heat
to create healing and cleansing 
through structural and electrical alignment to the body.  

Purpose: To bring total balance, harmony, and 
body wellness -
be it mental, physical, or emotional.



Each of the nine essential oils used in the therapy 
provide specific benefits
(yes, there is a method to the madness).
Although other oils may be added to
customize treatments, the following 
are 9 primary oils used in the 
Raindrop Massage technique.

  1. Thyme: strong antiseptic, antimicrobial, revitalizing, and energizing
  2. Oregano: highly antimicrobial and antiviral
  3. Wintergreen: antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antiseptic, eases bone, muscle, and joint discomfort
  4. Cypress: anti-infectious, antispasmodic, increases circulation
  5. Peppermint: soothes digestion, improves concentration, promotes mental clarity
  6. Basil: relaxes muscles, soothing
  7. Marjoram: soothes muscles, calms nerves, antimicrobial, antiseptic
  8. Valor: balances electrical energies in the body, promotes balance and alignment
  9. Aroma Siez: anti-inflammatory, helps relax, calm, and relieve tired sore muscles from sports injuries, fatigue, and stress

If you have any further questions,
feel free to reach out to Jamie at Aria 366 -
I'm sure she would be happy to answer any
additional questions you may have...
also check out their Current Specials
to see what's new and cooking this month!

Be well,

Rach




No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?