Image Map

Monday, January 10, 2011

New Years Resolution 2011: Run Like a Diva



It's 2011 and I'm late on my New Years Resolution.

10 days late to be exact (I like a nice, round even number)

 I've finally chosen one and I think it may be my best yet.

Drum roll please...



This year, I've vowed to get in exteme mental and physical condition by running the

For those of you who know me...I never go back on my word.
So, why the marathon?

Here is an abbreviated version of the origin/history of marathon running:

"The name Marathon comes from the legend of Pheidippides, a Greek messenger. The legend states that he was sent from the battlefield of Marathon to Athens to announce that the Persians had been defeated in the Battle of Marathon (in which he had just fought),[3] which took place in August or September, 490 BC.[4] It is said that he ran the entire distance without stopping and burst into the assembly, exclaiming "Νενικήκαμεν" (Nenikékamen, 'We have won.') before collapsing and dying.[5]

The Divas Half Marathon™ is part of the Divas Half Marathon Running Series™ along with our other locations in Honolulu, Hawaii and San Juan, Puerto Rico. This race as well as our entire series is for every wife, daughter, mother, sister and the men who love them too.
Alexander Pope wrote, “"She moves like a goddess and looks like a queen”." These words embody and depict the feel and spirit of the running series and each individual running event associated with the running series.

So challenge yourself like a diva, run in this very unique event, and celebrate the power of being a woman with another 6,000 strong and beautiful ladies . After the run, receive an incredible blinged out finisher medal at the finish line jewelry store, dress up during the run at the feather boa station and the tiara stop, receive a rose from a handsome firefighter at the finish line, toast your accomplishment with champagne and dance the afternoon away at the post race celebration.






This will be my own break-out, break-free kind of year.
Looking forward to training!






See you out there,
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?