Image Map

Monday, January 3, 2011

From Rachel's Kitchen...

From Rachel's Kitchen
RECIPE:

A few weeks ago a friend of mine passed along a great recipe, which I made for John and I on New Years Eve. It was really, really good, so I am passing it along.
Enjoy, friends :)

Balsamic Cream Sauce
Serves: 4


Ingrediants:
  1. 2 TBSP olive oil
  2. 2 TBSP butter
  3. 1/4 onion (minced)
  4. 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  5. 2 TSP chicken bouillon granules (I didnt have this, so I just added a little water and it turned out fine)
  6. 1 cup heavy cream (I bought whipping cream- I think these are similar)
  7. 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Heat butter and oil in a saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir in the minced onion and cook until it has carmelized to a dark, golden brown (approx 15 min)
  2. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 minute before stirring in the chicken buillon and cream (approx 1 min)
  3. Bring to a simmer, then remove from the heat. At this point, taste the sauce- I added more balsamic than the recipe called for because I love balsamic! Feel free to add in a few extra teaspoons for full flavor. Then, stir in the parmesan cheese until melted.
  4. Serve over pasta. I added in some grilled asparagus and grilled chicken for a heartier meal. It was amazing! :)


Thanks for the recipe Lori!
If you have a great recipe to share, feel free to email me @:

Luv,
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha thinkin?